For issues related to export trade, the Brome-Missisquoi CLD mainly refers companies to Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, the department of Economy, Innovation, and Export trade, and Expansion PME.
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions offers interest-free loans covering 50% of eligible expenses in order to finance companies committed to a formal export market development process.
Quebec’s ministry of Economy, Innovation, and export (MEIE) offers the assistance of international affairs advisors as well as its network of offices in Quebec and its Quebec delegations elsewhere in Canada and around the world.
Expansion PME offers two basic categories of service: individual business services and services for activities and special events.
Individual business services
- Export trade pre-diagnosis and diagnosis
- Advisory services
- Help developing and implementing an export trade plan
- Accompaniment throughout search for funding
- Collaboration in search for foreign partners
- Timely market research
- Accompaniment throughout process of hiring an export trade specialist
Activities and special events
- Workshops and conferences on export trade topics
- Programs and training
- Commercial missions
- Welcoming foreign delegations
Click on the following link to consult the PDF file that will allow you to learn about the other organizations canvassed that offer export-oriented services to businesses in the area: