FuturpreneurFuturpreneur is a nonprofit national organisation whose mission is to contribute to Canada's economic growth, a young entrepreneur at a time. The organism offers loans for entrepreneurs aged 18 to 39 years, up to $15,000 and at a low interest rate. These loans can be matched with the BDC to reach $45,000 in a single step. The CLD acts as the local partner of Futurpreneur in Brome-Missisquoi.
To be eligible
- Down payment between 0% and 10%;
- Good personal credit history;
- Property: majority of shares held by those aged 18-39 (51% and over);
- All sectors except:
- R & D;
- commission salesman;
- insurance broker;
- sexual or religious.
Type of projects
- Start-up (less than 12 months of significant sales);
- Expansion (for existing Futurpreneur client).
Type of funding
Financial assistance is provided through a 5 years term loan of $5,000 to $45,000 per company, with a one year without any capital payments The interest rate is based on prime rate, and is from 5,85% to 10%, depending on the amount needed.